Soon we will be working with Manchester Metropolitan University on an exciting new arts project called ANIMATE.
We are looking for groups in Cheshire, of all ages, who relate to ANY (only has to be one) of the following statements:
- We love to perform
- We are interested in creativity but lack the confidence to perform
- Our landscape, heritage and identity are topics that interest us
- We are interested in being part of a high-profile public programme of performance
- We are keen to raise the profile of our group
- We like to learn, participate and give things a go
- We are interested in developing our skills in writing or music
From June-Sept 2017 four varied and brilliant festivals are taking place in Cheshire and we’re looking for groups to perform, exhibit or showcase at one or more of the festivals, as part of the ANIMATE performance programme.
We are looking for work that is about place and landscape and in particular, your connection or response to the unique salt-scape of Cheshire.
We are keen to hear from school, community or volunteer groups who wish to contribute to the programme in 2017, which involves Middlewich Boat Festival (June), Frodsham Festival (July), Northwich Salt Heritage Open Day (Sept) and Winsford Salt Fair and Regatta (Sept).
Additionally, from October 2016 we are offering FREE creative workshops (up to 4 per group) in either Creative Writing or Music. The professional artist will work with each group, depending on their need, ability and experience, to create dynamic workshops that can:
- Develop existing skills
- Enhance a performance already being developed (such as script development)
- Nurture creativity for those who do not see themselves as creative
- Consider our relationship with landscape, through art
- Make that which isn’t art, perform
ANIMATE – Together we are celebrating the people, and animating the landscapes of Cheshire